What to Pack for a Safari Holiday
Small aircraft in Africa often have lower luggage limits than international jets and Zambia is no exception. The limit on Proflight is usually 15 kilograms (but this does vary so do double check before travelling) and even if you’re driving, you definitely don’t want a bulky bag getting in the way.
If you have a tendency to pack everything and the kitchen sink when you’re travelling, have a read of our streamlined packing list below. You honestly won’t need much more – and we have a wonderful laundry service in camp that you can make use of.
Neutral-coloured, lightweight clothing (neutral colours are particularly important for walking safaris)
- Warm fleece or jacket for morning and night drives
- High-factor sun screen
- Sun hat
- Insect repellent
- Personal medication including malaria tablets
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Camera and batteries
- Plug adaptor for British three square prong socket
- Binoculars (useful but you can always borrow ours!)
- A little extra cash for curios, bar etc.